The pet I has chosen are ants. Ants live in a big group under a colony by a Queen Ant. This ants species name is Messor Forel. Its whole body is black in colour. The reason why I chose ant as my pet is because of its advantages that ant could build their own home, by digging soil formed few tunnel in a systematic linkage.
Besides that, is also a part of making fun in observing ants digging the soil forming the tunnel.
It is easy to catch ants. Just sprinkle some sugar at the corner of kitchen, few minute later, I’m sure there are many ants around the corner. However, it is better to catch large ants than small ants. Large ants enable us to observe their activity underneath the soil. Thus, I used a transparent jar with some sugar syrup inside to attract ant’s attention. Then, I put in on the ground where ants appear. Few minute later, inside the jar, there are many “black dotty” gather having sugar syrup party. Without further delay, I quickly cover the jar with a lid. Them i put them inside chiller to cool down them as they look very nervous and panic.
Then, I transferred them one by one into a new home that I’ve provided using a transparency container with soil inside and planted some plants on the soil to create a familiar environment for them.
Transparency container could show the tunnel that the ants dogged clearly. Apart from that, all the ants’ activities could observe clearly either.

No comments:
Post a Comment